Thursday, November 8, 2012

Coupons for beginners

I get asked all the time, How do you get good deals? whats your secret? I say there is no secret to couponing, just takes a bit of work & time. Don't be overwhelmed with all the deals & great coupons you have. When I first started I would go grab 2 weekend paper & never use them, I even organized them on a small folder that fit perfectly in my handbag. Than i would feel overwhelmed or stuck about where & how can i use these coupons for great deals. So i would collect & collect & never use them just tossing them out feeling like i threw money away.  I started shopping only at 1 or 2 stores at a time so i can learn the stores policies. Drug stores are a great places for deals! Unless you have coupons or a rewards card don't bother with it, they can get pricey. So before you are ready 2 make it rain on the cashier with coupons here are a few things you can start with.

1.  Collect coupons from newspaper/magazines/ & online I use coupons.com is one of my favs!

2 .Organize your coupons everyone has there own way of organizing them. whatever works for you. You can use a binder if you plan on being a serious couponer or a small folder is fine as well.

3. Keep all the ads from the weekend paper so u can always look back & double check the deals that maybe you missed on the weekend.

4. Pick a store where you see the best deals make a list & take your coupons. Be prepared before you go 2 the cashier,you don't want 2 keep an angry mob of customers behind you giving you dirty looks because you don't have your coupons together.
5. What are you waiting for GO get your Deals ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment